Generally, in the medical field, there are side effects of every drug, vaccine, or any other thing used to show their side effects. In this post, we will discuss the side effects of tetanus shots.
Side effects from Tetanus shot:
- Loss of appetite
- Fussiness in children and small babies
- Body aches
- Redness, soreness, and swelling at the site of infection
- Allergic reactions
- Fast heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Abdominal cramping
- Respiratory symptoms shown
- There may be a weakness
- Maybe a pain at the site of injection
What is Tetanus?
Tetanus is a serious condition, it is caused by a Virus is entered into the body. That virus is called Clostridium tetani. Generally, it enters the body at the time of injury. This is also called ”lockjaw”. Because it causes a jaw lock.
Something you must know about Tetanus booster:
- A tetanus booster is used after every 10 years but in case of damage to the skin, you must have to visit the doctor for his /her recommendations.
- Tetanus boosters are not compulsory for small damage like small scratches.
- Tetanus vaccine prevents from lockjaw if you get interacted with tetanus bacteria.
- The main reason for the death from tetanus is the unavailability of oxygen because due to lockjaw suffocation happened.
- Tetanus is caused by tetanus bacteria.
- This is not a communicable disease.
- The tetanus bacteria enter the body from the wound and reached the brain and then the brain sends signals to the muscles that cause lockjaw.
It should be cured as soon as possible because later it may cause death. Normally it remains 2-3 days to 21 days. Therefore when you think some symptoms are appearing then you must have to consult your doctor or any emergency. Once you get infected with tetanus then you must go to the hospital so that your treatment will be done otherwise due to lockjaw, suffocation will happen and you may die. Therefore don’t take it easy.
MedPGR.com does not provide any medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content on our website is just for information purposes only.