Pervez Musharraf was a former Pakistani military general and politician .
Served as the President of Pakistan from 2001 to 2008
– Joined Pakistan Army in 1964 and became its Chief of Army Staff in 1998
– Took power in a military coup in 1999, overthrowing Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
– Criticized for handling of civil liberties and human rights, and supporting U.S. in War on Terror
– Signed the Lahore Declaration with Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
– Faced legal challenges including treason and murder charges after leaving office
– Has lived in self-imposed exile in Dubai since 2016
– Remains a controversial figure in Pakistani politics.
Passed away at the age of 79.