Types of Vitamins:
- Fat soluble vitamins
- Water soluble vitamins
Fat soluble Vitamins:
Vitamins that are soluble in fats are called fat soluble vitamins.
These are the fat soluble vitamins:
- Vitamins A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Water soluble Vitamins:
Definition of water soluble is also shown from the word itself.
Vitamins that are soluble in water are called water soluble vitamins.
These are the water soluble vitamins:
- All groups of Vitamins B
- Vitamins C
Vitamins are the micronutrients that are required for our body. If proper vitamins are not eaten then it may lead to serious diseases. There are many diseases that are caused due to misuse or deficiency of vitamins. But the Vitamin E has no deficiency disease yet. There are values for the minimum requirement of vitamins but for a healthy lifestyle, the recommended quantity of vitamins is still suspicious.
Why vitamins are needed?
What happened if we don’t take vitamins?
- Vitamin A deficiency causes night blindness, growth and skin problems
- Vitamin B deficiency causes beriberi, megaloblastic anemia and many others
- Vitamin C deficiency causes scurvy
- Vitamin D deficiency causes the rickets in children and bone broken in the adults
- Vitamin E deficiency causes the Crohn’s disease, cystic fibrosis, bowel syndrome
- Vitamin K deficiency causes vitamin k deficiency bleeding VKDB.